Common Causes of Acidity
- Consumption of Alcohol
- Highly spicy foodstuffs
- Non-vegetarian diets
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID's)
Most acidity problems occur
- After meals
- When lifting weight or straining and applying pressure in the intra-abdominal area.
- At night when lying down.
- Ulcers also occur as a result of over secretion of acid.
- After all three meals take a small piece of Jaggery and keep it in your mouth and suck.
- Boil one cup of water. To this add 1 tsp of Aniseed (Saunf). Cover and leave overnight. Strain the water in the morning, add 1 tsp of honey. When this is taken 3 times a day it prevents acidity.
- To 1 ½ liters of water add 1 tsp Caraway seeds (shah jeera). Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Sip while warm. Have the concoction 2-3 times a day for 5-6 days.
- Drinking milk or eating milk products are helpful in relieving symptoms of acidity.
- Almonds are also a good source for relieving the heartburn and acidity. Eat several almonds when heartburn symptoms persist.
- Lemons also help to prevent heartburn. Cut a lemon into thin strips and dip in salt. Eat before meals to prevent heartburn.
- Take some mint leaves and chop these and then boil in a cup of water and sip slowly after meals. If a person drinks Fresh mint juice every day he will never experience acidity.
- Eating bananas is also helpful in preventing the symptoms of acidity and heartburn. To prevent acidity it is advised to eat a banana daily.
- Basil leaves helps to get relief from burning, nausea and gas. Chew some leaves of tulsi to decrease the acidity.
- Eat a serving of cucumber or watermelon 4-5 times in a day to fight against acidity.
- Fennel helps to relieve abdominal pain, colon disorders, gas, and gastrointestinal tract spasms. It is an effective remedy for acidic stomach conditions (heartburn).
- It is advised to eat 8-10 glass to water daily. Drinking water gives immediate relief to symptoms like wind, distended stomach and acidity.
- After food maintain an upright posture to prevent the reflex and to prevent the symptoms of acidity. Sleep with your head and shoulder on a high pillow for elevation.
- Do not skip meals. Do not keep large gap between meals. This produces gas / wind.
NOTE: ABOVE MENTION REMEDIES ARE IN GENERAL, CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE CONSUMING.