Some minerals play vital role in regulation of various body functions. They are:
- Maintenance of Acid / base balance
- Controlling the water balance
- Contraction of muscles
- Normal response of nerves to physiological stimulation
- Clotting of the blood
- Bonesand teeth formation
- Structural component of soft tissues
- Components and co- factor of vitamins, hormones and enzymes.
- Minerals act as co-factors for enzyme reactions. Enzymes don’t work without minerals. All cells require enzymes to work & function. They give us our vitality.