Wheat bread- 5 slices
Olive oil-2 tsp
2 Cloves of garlic (lehsun), finely chopped
For the topping (approx. makes 1 cup)
5 Medium sized tomatoes
Chopped fresh basil leaves-1 tbsp
Dried oregano-1 tsp
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
For the topping
- Cut each tomato into half lengthwise and gently remove all the seeds and pulp.
- Finely chop the tomatoes, add in all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Keep aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain out the excess liquid. Keep aside.
- Brush some olive oil and garlic onto each bread slice, cut them diagonally into two and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 3 to 4 minutes till they are lightly toasted.
- Top each toasted piece with 1½ tablespoons of the topping cut into two equal pieces and serve immediately.
NOTE: YOU CAN MAKE IT ON NON STICK PAN ALSO