Buckwheat (kutto)- 1/2 cup
Soya curds/ low fat sour curds (dahi)- 1/4 cup
Ginger-chilli paste-2 tsp
Ragi (nachni / red millet) flour- 2 tbsp
Flex seeds -1 tbsp
Fruit salt-1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for greasing -1/4 tsp
For the garnish
Chopped coriander (dhania)- 1 tbsp
Sesame seeds -1tbsp
- Grind the buckwheat coarsely. Wash, drain and keep aside.
- Add ½ cup water to the soya curds and whisk well. Add this to the buckwheat.
- Add ragi flour, flex seeds and ginger chilli paste to the mixture, and mix well to make the dhokla batter.
- Keep aside to ferment for 2 to 3 hours.
- Add salt to the batter and mix well.
- Just before steaming add ¼ packet of fruit salt to the batter and sprinkle a little water to enable bubbles to be formed.
- Mix gently and pour the batter into a 200 mm. (8") diameter greased thali.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes till the dhoklas are firm.
- Cool slightly and cut into diamond-shaped pieces. Serve hot and garnished.