For the muthias
- Broken wheat – 20g
- Chopped fenugreek leaves – 20g
- Bajra flour – 10g
- Clove of garlic, grated -1
- Ginger-green chilli paste – ¼ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Low fat curd –2 Teaspoon
- Salt to taste
For the tempering
- Olive oil – ½ Teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – ¼ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
For the garnish
- Chopped coriander – 10g
For the Muthias
- Clean and wash the broken wheat.
- Boil the washed broken wheat in 1 cup of water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the broken wheat in a strainer and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in other bowl and mix well.
- Divide the muthias mixture into equal portions. Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll. Steam the rolls for 12 to 15 minutes or till a knife inserted in a roll comes out clean.
- Cool and slice the muthias into pieces and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the prepared muthias and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes till they are light brown in colour.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander.