To Soak & grind:
Green Moong Dal- 1 tbsp.
Raw Rice – 2 tbsp.
To grind to paste:
Flaxseed- 2 tsp
Green chilli – 1
Onions – 1 medium
Garlic – 2 pods
Ginger – 1 tsp
Coriander/ mint leaves – 1 tbsp.
Salt - to taste
- Wash several times and soak the green moong and rice together in warm water for at least an hour.
- Drain and save the excess water, using a wet grinder/ mixer grind until a smooth batter forms by adding the saved water little by litter the consistency can be medium thick to that of Dosa batter.
- Collect batter in a vessel and grind the ingredients under to grind - green chilli, garlic, ginger, coriander/ mint leaves to a smooth paste with little water.
- Mix the paste to the batter, salt and add more water to form a Dosa batter consistency.
- Let it sit for at-least an hour for the flavour to mingle.
- Now to prepare Dosa heat a non - stick pan and once it is hot, take scoop of batter using a ladle and form a Dosa in circular motions. Drizzle oil and flip side after 1-2 minutes and cook on the other side too.
- Once ready, serve hot with sambar or mint chutney.