For The Batter
- Green peas purée , refer handy tip-1 cup
- Besan (bengal gram flour)- 1 cup
- Ginger-green chilli paste-1 tsp
- Powdered sugar-1 tbsp
- Citric acid (nimbu ka phool) crystals/ lemon juice -½ cup
- Grated paneer (cottage cheese)- 1/3 cup
- Salt to taste
- Fruit salt-1 1/2 tsp
- Oil for greasing
For The Tempering
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)- 1 tsp
- Urad dal (split black lentils)- 1 tsp
- Finely chopped green chillies-1 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- A pinch
For The Garnish
- Chopped coriander (dhania)- 2 tbsp
- Grated paneer (cottage cheese)- 2 tbsp
For the Batter
- Combine all the ingredients, except the fruit salt, in a bowl; add water (approximately ½ cup) and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and add 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a greased 175 mm. (7") diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread it to make an even layer.
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhokla are cooked. Keep aside.
How to Proceed
- Heat the oil in small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the Urad dal, green chillies and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a second.
- Remove from the flame, add 1 tbsp of water and mix well. Pour the tempering over the dhokla.
- Cool slightly and cut into equal pieces. Serve immediately garnished with coriander and paneer.