- Green moong dal - 15g
- Chopped and boiled mixed vegetables(French beans ,carrot and green peas) – 15g
- Semolina – 10g
- Besan – 5g
- Finely chopped coriander - 10g
- Green chilli paste – ¼ Teaspoon
- Garlic and Ginger paste – ¼ Teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- olive oil – ½ Teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – ¼ Teaspoon
- Carom seeds – a pinch
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Chopped red chilli - 1
- Sesame seeds – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Combine the drained green moong dal and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add semolina, besan, coriander, green chilli paste, garlic and ginger paste, salt and water and mix well.
- Just before making the handvo, add 1 tsp of water evenly over it and mix gently.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds, carom seeds, Kashmiri red chilli, sesame seeds, and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the batter over it and spread it evenly.
- Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the base turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Lift the handvo gently using 2 large flat spoons and turn it over to the other side.
- Cover and cook on a medium flame for another 7 to 8 minutes or till it turn golden brown in colour.
- Cool slightly and cut into equal pieces.
Serve immediately with green chutney.