For The Roti
Whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)- 1 cup
Salt- a pinch
Whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
For The Tomato-garlic Chutney
Finely chopped spring onions whites-1/4 cup
Finely chopped garlic (lehsun)- 1 tbsp
3 whole dry kashmiri red chillies , soaked , drained and chopped
Finely chopped tomatoes-1 cup
Tomato ketchup-1 tbsp
Finely chopped spring onion greens-1 tbsp
Finely chopped coriander (dhania)- 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
To Be Mixed Into A Salad
Shredded lettuce-1 cup
Thinly sliced tomatoes-1/2 cup
Bean sprouts-1/2 cup
Thinly sliced spring onions whites-1/2 cup
Thinly sliced carrots-1/2 cup
Finely chopped coriander (dhania)- 2 tbsp
Finely chopped mint leaves (phudina)- 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder-1/2 tsp
Lemon juice-1/2 tsp
For the roti
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into 200 mm. (8”) diameter circles using a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and lightly cook the rotis on both the sides. Keep aside.
For the tomato-garlic chutney
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, kashmiri chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and approx. 2 to 3 tbsp water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato ketchup, spring onion greens, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Use a potato masher to lightly mash the mixture and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Just before serving, warm a roti on a non-stick tava.
- Place the roti on a clean dry surface and spread 2 tbsp of the tomato-garlic chutney evenly over it.
- Arrange 1/4 th of the salad and spread 1 tbsp of mayonnaise in a row in the centre of the roti and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: YOU CAN USE TAHNI SAUCE OR HUMMUS