While we commonly make quick and easy versions of hummus with chickpeas, garlic and curds, this is a slightly more elaborate hummus dip enhanced with tahini paste.
This authentic recipe has a rich mouth-feel and really strong flavour. Apart from the exciting flavour of tahini paste, the strong taste of garlic and a tinge of lemony tang are also clearly noticeable in this recipe, not to forget the herby touch of parsley.
You can serve the Hummus Dip with Tahini Paste along with Lavash or Chips , to make a wonderful finger food. You can munch on it while watching a movie, but it is so tasty that it can be served at parties too!
You can also try other Lebanese delights like Lebanese Garlic Sauce and Pita Bread .
- Soaked and boiled kabuli chana (white chick peas)- 1 1/2 cups
- Thini paste-2 tbsp
- Roughly chopped garlic (lehsun)- 1 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice-2 tsp
- Thick curds (dahi)- 2 tbsp
- Olive oil-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
For The Garnish
- Olive oil-1 tbsp
- a sprig of parsley
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend it till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture on a serving dish, garnish it with olive oil and parsley.
- Serve immediately with lavash and chips or refrigerate till use.