- Ragi Flour - 1 tbsp
- Rice (raw) - 1 tbsp
- Urad dal (raw) - 1 tbsp
- Carrot - 10g
- Green Chilles - 1
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4th tsp
- Cilantro - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1/2 tsp
- Mix together ragi flour, idli batter (rice+urad dal) and salt into smooth batter adding minimum amount of water.
- Let the batter sit for around 15 minutes. Peel, remove ends, wash and grate the carrot.
- Remove stems, wash and finely chop the green chilly.
- Wash, separate leaves and finely chop the cilantro.
- Heat a pan on medium - low heat, pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan. Layer the roti with grated carrot, cilantro and cumin seeds.
- Cook covered on low flame till ragi flour uttapam is roasted on bottom side.
- Uncover, pour quarter tsp of oil and turn over the ragi uttapam on other side.
- Cook again on low flame for a minute and remove from heat.
- Serve ragi flour uttapam with your choice of raita.