- Soya granules-1 cup
- Oil-2 tsp
- Mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves (kadipatta)- 8 to 10
- Asafoetida (hing)- 1/4 tsp
- Sliced onions-1/2 cup
- Finely chopped green chillies-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder (haldi)- 1/4 tsp
- Boiled green peas-2 tbsp
- Boiled peanuts-1 tbsp
- Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
For The Garnish
- Chopped coriander (dhania)- 2 tbsp
- Pomegranate – 1 cup
- Soak the soya granules in 2 cups of warm water for 15 minutes. Squeeze thoroughly and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the turmeric powder, green peas, peanuts, soya granules, lemon juice and salt, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once in between. Serve hot with garnished with coriander.
An appetizing alternative to the traditional version, soya poha is rich in proteins, iron and zinc. Peas and peanuts make an appetizing addition to this ideal breakfast when you want to lose weight the healthy way.