- Tomatoes-4 nos
- Red chillies- 4 to 5 nos
- Garlic cloves-20nos
- Gingelly oil/ sesame oil-1/2 tsp
- Salt for taste
- Water as required
- Grind the tomato, chopped garlic cloves, red chillies adding salt and enough water. Do not grind it too watery.
- Heat gingelly oil in a pan till its smoking point
- When the oil starts to smoke, simmer the flame and add the ground paste.
- Mix well and switch off the flame. Flame should be off. Let the chutney be in the hot oil for some time.
- The colour of chutney will change and it will thicken slightly.
- Remove in a bowl and serve with roti, stuffed paratha or idli, dosa as per your choice.