- Boiled , peeled and grated beetroot-1/4 cup
- sesame seeds (til)- 1 tbsp
- Whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)- 1/2 cup
- Oil-2 tsp
- Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander (dhania) powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder (haldi)- 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)-- a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- Oil for cooking-2 tsp
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into soft dough, using very little water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 100 mm (4") diameter, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in color from both the sides.
- Allow the rotis to cool completely.