For The Dough
- Whole wheat flour (gehun ka Atta)- 1 1/4 cups
- Melted ghee-1 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
For The Stuffing
- Grated cabbage-1/2 cup
- Crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)- 2 tbsp.
- Chopped coriander (dhania)- 2 tbsp.
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/4 tsp ghee for cooking
- For the dough: Sieve the flour with the salt. Add the ghee, mix well and make soft dough using enough water. Knead well for 3 to 4 minutes and divide the dough into equal portions. Keep aside.
- For the stuffing: Sprinkle salt over the cabbage and keep aside for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the water from the cabbage, add the paneer, coriander, green chillie and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle of about 100 mm. (4") diameter.
- Spread a little stuffing on one circle and cover with another circle.
- Press the sides well so they stick.
- Cook on a tava (griddle) using a little ghee until pink spots appear on both sides.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and dough to make more paratha. Serve hot.