- Egg white - 4
- Milk – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper - as per taste
- Whole wheat/multigrain toasts – 2 slices
- Scrambled eggs are made by mixing eggs together with milk. Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl.
- This is best done by first cracking each egg, one at a time, into a small bowl before .
- Add milk and salt.
- Measure the milk carefully, as cooked egg will only hold a certain amount of liquid and too much will cause the egg to "weep" moisture.
- Do not cook on heat that is too high, as this will cause the eggs to stick to the pan and become flaky and dry.
- Adding one teaspoon of oil in the pan, add the egg mixture to the frying pan and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Soft folds of cooked egg will begin to develop.
- Repeat the pushing action with the spoon every 10 seconds (or slow count to 10), including around the pan edge to prevent the egg mixture sticking.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until about three-quarters of the mixture is cooked and one-quarter is still liquid.
- Remove the pan from heat, spoon the eggs onto the toast and serve immediately.