For The Sev-murmura
- Puffed rice (kurmura) (murmura)- 2 cups
- Sev or nylon -1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds (jeera)- 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- a pinch
- Turmeric powder (haldi)- 1/4 tsp
- Black salt (sanchal)- 1/4 tsp
- Oil=-1/2 tsp
- Moong (whole green gram) sprouts-1/3 cup
- Chopped tomatoes-1/3 cup
- Chopped apple-1/3 cup
- Chopped raw mango-2 tbsp
- Fresh pomegranate (anar) seeds-1/4 cup
- Orange segments-1/2 cup
- Chopped coriander (dhania) - 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice-4 tsp
- Salt to taste
For the sev-murmura
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and puffed rice and mix well.
- Add the black salt and sev. Mix well and cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container and use as required.
How to proceed
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve immediately.
Here's a healthy alternative to regular calorie-laden bhel. I've added sprouts in this bhel as they are easier to digest and also abound in nutrients like protein, calcium, iron and vitamin c. Mixed with fruits like apple, orange and pomegranate and flavoured with lemon juice it makes tantalizingly chatpata snack that's sure to lift your spirits.