- Boneless skinless chicken breasts/ fish, cut into cubes - 100 gms
- Finely chopped onion - 1 small
- Garam masala powder - 1 tbsp
- Dried chilli pepper flakes (or chopped fresh chilli pepper to taste) - 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves, crushed - 2
- Chopped pureed tomatoes - 2
- Salt - use minimum, to taste
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - squeeze as per taste
- Oil - 1/2 tsp
- Bell Pepper - To taste
- Freshly chopped basil - 1 tbsp
- Cook the chicken until tender.
- When the chicken is nearly cooked, add the onion, peppers, garam masala, garlic, bell pepper , basil and chilli and stir-fry for a few minutes .
- Now add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
- Bring to the boil then simmer very slowly for an hour or so until the sauce is reduced by half to give a thick consistency and concentrated flavour.
- Serve hot.