- Oil-2 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera)- 1 1/2 tsp
- 2 green chillies , slit green chillies
- Whey-3 cups
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- Finely chopped coriander (dhania)- 2 tbsp
- Paneer (cottage cheese) , cut into 12 mm ( 1/2”) cubes-1/2 cup
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, whey, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the paneer and coriander mix well and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Serve hot.
Don’t discard the whey the next time you make paneer. This liquid is a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals. A soup make from whey with chunks of calcium-laden paneer will make a light, yet energy-giving soup. Try it!